Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Here we go!



I'm that weird girl who "eats crazy healthy". Most friends know the things I don't eat and become incredibly confused when they see me eating cheesecake, "Chick-fil-a nuggets", and chocolate chip cookies. After telling them the easy substitutions you can make, or how to "paleo-ify" things, they'd immediately ask for a recipe. My memory of every ingredient (I'm one of those ehh pour a little more in/not take measurement types) and the steps is awful. I'm hoping that posting my recipes after I make them will not only make me a better friend who actually gets her recipes out (fingers crossed), but even allow me to see if anyone who reads this has ways to improve recipes or share what worked best for them! Maybe it will even inspire a few people to make some healthy changes and not be afraid to try some new foods!

Anyways, here is a bit on me and what led me to this! A little over a year ago, my husband (J) and I started our "health journey". Did this journey include some junk food, alcohol, and skipping the gym? Yes, but I called it a journey so that means there is plenty of time to improve, right?!

This summer with our big move we were lucky enough to join the most amazing gym that has helped us stay on a healthier path and got me started on a paleo lifestyle. Yep, the same girl who loves pizza, bread, and Jack Daniels! I cut out all GMOs, processed sugars, gluten, legumes, dairy, corn, etc etc. I'd be lying at first if I said I didn't freak out and panic over what I'd be able to eat. All I can say is thank goodness for great paleo blogs and Pinterest!

My husband was a little harder to get on board. He could eat mac and cheese, Taco Bell, and drink a gallon of milk every day. After a few great paleo meals that included modified chicken nuggets, meatloaf, and ice cream he was sold. We've both seen amazing results in our physical appearance, emotional well being, and in our workouts. Something that started out as a small lifestyle change for me is now becoming my career. Seeing family and friends struggle with health problems is heartbreaking. Helping them ease, or even overcome them, with something as simple as nutritional changes, is amazing to see.

Advanced warning: I've tried the blog thing a few times and life tends to get in the way of updates, but I will be trying my best. First recipe post to look forward to? Chocolate cheesecake (with chocolate ganache!)



No comments:

Post a Comment